Cycling Products Made in the USA
I’ve been taking inventory of my families possessions lately. What I’ve found is that we own a bunch of crap. Most (if not all) of the crap we own was made in China.
I realize that it would be remarkably hard to cut out buying stuff made in China but why not look for goods made in the USA?
I did a quick Google search and found several sites devoted to products made in the US.
Below is a list of bicycle goods made in the USA courtesy of Still Made in the USA.com. My experience is that the quality is very high with domestic cycling goods.
- 1upUSA (Platteville, WI): 1upUSA Bicycle Trainer and eMotion Rollers provide indoor training for mountain and road bikers (Other products imported)
- Aegis Racing Bikes (Van Buren, ME): carbon fiber bikes, handmade in Maine
- Aero-Fast Bicycle Co. (Jacksonville, FL): Emory industrial bikes, unicycles, and Aerofast vintage bikes. Very cool, and handmade in Florida!
- Bike Friday (Eugene, OR): hand-built folding and travel bikes, made to your specifications by a small company with a great attitude.
- Cannondale Bike Co. (Bedford, PA): as of summer 2010, Cannondale bikes are no longer made in USA. (In April 2009, the company announced that it would cease all US manufacturing in 2010.)
- Catrike (Winter Garden,FL): high-performance recumbent trikes, with light and stylish aluminum frames. Find a local dealer.
- Co-Motion (Eugene, OR): tandem bicycles, plus road, racing, and travel bikes
- Easy Racers (Freedom, CA): recumbent bikes for everything from cross-country riding to commuting to work. Innovative seat designs and lots of frame options, all made in USA.
- EcoSpeed (Portland, OR): manufacturer of “electric assist” systems to turn your bike or recumbent into an electric bike. Helps with hills and extends your biking range.
- Independent Fabrication (Somerville, MA): custom-made bike frames in titanium or steel, your choice of paint schemes and just about everything else
- Linear Recumbent (Alfred Station, NY): recumbent bikes for comfortable transportation or outdoor exercise, handmade in beautiful western New York State.
- Litespeed Racing Components (Chattanooga, TN): manufacturer of road and mountain bikes with handcrafted titanium alloy frames
- Lynskey Performance (Chattanooga, TN): a new company by the original founders of Litespeed
- Midwest Contracting & Mfg (WaKeeney, KS): makers of the Dirt King trike, sizes for kids and adults. Pneumatic tires on steel rims, tilting handlebars and adjusting seats, handcrafted in USA.
- Nalgene (Rochester, NY): water bottles, bike bottles, travel mugs, and other “hydration necessities” (bottle carriers imported)
- Park Tool (St. Paul, MN): bicycle repair tools made in USA ( multi-tools imported ), available from REI
- Saris Cycling Group (Madison, WI): manufacturer of cycle racks and trainers (use Dealor Locator)
- TerraCycle (Portland, OR): parts and accessories for recumbent bikes, including idlers, racks, and TailSoks for enhanced visibility and safety. CNC machined at their facility in Portland.
- Trailmate Specialty Cycles (Bradenton, FL): adult tricycles, industrial trikes, special needs, and recumbent fun trikes, made in USA for over 40 years
- Trek Bikes (Waterloo, WI): most Trek carbon-frame bikes (except the 5000) and full suspension bikes, like the EX’s, Top Fuels and Sessions, are still made at their factory in Wisconsin. (Many of the aluminum road bikes and other products are made overseas.) Take a virtual TREK factory tour, courtesy of Chain Reaction Bicycles
- Volae (Stevens Point, WI): recumbent bicycles with carbon forks, racing wheels, and high-tech molded seats
- Walz Cycling Caps (Vista, CA): cycling caps with a four-panel design to fit snuggly under a cycling helmet
- Waterford Precision Cycles (Waterford, WI): handcrafted cycles for racing or recreation, made in USA by Richard Schwinn and a dedicated group of highly skilled American craftspeople
- Worksman Cycles (Ozone Park, NY): this manufacturer of industrial bicycles and tricycles also makes adult tricycles, folding tricycles, and cruiser bikes. All made in New York.
Posted on December 2, 2011, in Cycling and tagged american made bicycles, american made cycling, bicycle made in usa, bicyles made in the us, cycling usa, made in us cycling goods, made in usa cycling, us made cycling stuff. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.